Monday, March 06, 2006

Life:Participation, Analysis & Adaptation

Offlate, I have been little more pensive than usual, especially when I contemplate the passage of time.


Life! is one heck of a game, where you need to be loaded with energy to play the game. Irrespective of the outcome of every game, whether you like or not, you are gonna play it & at times play the same game over & over. I visualise every activity I perform in a day as a 'Game', every game may have more than one player - who is involved actively(directly) or passively(indirectly). Each game has a definite outcome/result associated to it @ the end, you may call this outcome/result as 'Success'('Winning') or 'Failure'('Loosing'); So @ the end of the game, every player will find themselves on one of these sides . It doesn't really matter which side you end up, because both the outcomes are like two faces of the same coin. What really matters is how well we 'understand' the end result & how best we can adapt these 'experiences' for all the future games which 'Life' has in store for us. Trust me each one of us play many games every single day & every outcome has an impact on the other. Its all connected, it so happens that @ times we just don't realise or pay attention to them.

Let me borrow something from Vasu, where he spoke about 'participation & analysis' theory in Life on his recent post. "Atleast this part is true w.r.t me 'participation and analysis'; all throughout the day I participate in various activities & at the end of the day I analyze them. I feel this process has helped me", that was my response for his post. I would like to add another word to this 'participation & analysis' theory, which is 'adaptation'.

In 'Life' we always need to enrich ourselves with the analysis that is available @ the end of team-game. As mentioned before, there might be games where we might be playing alone & in some we are playing along with a team. At the end the game each player has his own analysis of the game, so it would make more sense to share & analyze how the others perceive the same.

I have always learnt a lot from my own failures & successes and at the same I also tend to learn from others experience. If you aren't learning from others experiences, then you better start learning from today. Time is something which you can't afford to waste, so value your time in the way it is being spent currently and do the necessary changes if required.

By default we all are playing a game called 'Life', therefore, we are participating either actively/passively & at the end there is a result. So, while you are playing/participating in this game make sure you are enjoying every moment & cherish it, because you can never re-claim it. As far as the results/outcomes is considered, analyze them and adapt your experiences in your next game.


Life! is all about 'Participation, Analysis & Adaptation'.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

NaVoX said...

For me Life is one big RAT RACE with billions of "RATS". All of us are madly running behind success(which is mostly money), the thirst for which never ends. I think there is no human being in this world who is satisfied. Probably 40yrs from now i will be out of the race following the "Elimination of the Weakest" principle, then i might think 'well this is it, game over for me' and then i will stand and watch the next generation plunging into the Race, which has no end.

vevck said...

Dude, your comment reflects very much of you and your goals:) I am sure everyone is in this RAT RACE @ somepoint of time, whether we like it or not, we have to RACE.

Neets said...

verrry true. esp the part about learning from looking at others. theres is something about it, that perhaps u wont get when you are learning on your own- and thats the ability to learn with out having a stake in the situation. theres a better chance that you have an objective understanding of something that u arent involved in. most of the times- this is strickly my opinion, if you've been thru an emotionally charged experiance, there is a mighty chance that your view of what happen is one sided- and mostly urs.
if you've been doing somethin you dont like for years... believe me, its real difficult to change it when time comes... despite the fact that you hated that activity all your life! change is difficult and for some of us out there it will be painful and slow... we in these times of change should give ourselves somethin the others around us(no matter how close) can't- patience- be patient and persistant... you'l come around.

Vasu the terrible said...

Bang on target. My own principles have been on this basis. Learn learn and learn. The day I die (mentally and spiritually) is the day I stop learning. I believe I am going to be immortal (mentally and spiritually), though my body might fail and cease to exist. There is learning every day, every minute and at every place. Just have to become self aware.

I do have a little disconnect with one other aspect you mentioned. About winning and losing. Everyday battles are small experiments in my view for me to learn. Small opportunities to advance myself spiritually. That keeps me going all the time. To view this in a narrow parameter of winning and losing gets me to the cycle of expectation, elation and disappointment. Though I am not yet out of this cycle, I am taking real hard efforts to look at it beyond those small victory and defeats.

Great post dude and extremely well said.

vasu

vevck said...

Neets, I very much agree with what u said, that the experience you get on u'r own is more realistic & from others is more borrowed. But, then there are certain situtations/scenarios which I feel would make sense in considering others experience.

If someone has the money & time to indulge in everything & get the feel, then there is no one stopping, I would actually love to do that.

vevck said...

Vasu, looks like we share & apply some of the principles:) 'Awareness' is something which most of us lack, if we start living every moment, then I feel all our lives would be much different.

I very much agree that everyday battles are small, but most of the situations carry on for more than day. Winning & loosing is part of Life, personally I have never attached much significance to them. But, I feel we need to learn from every win or loss, they surely make an impact on the outlook of a person & the way one approaches things in the future. Don't u think so?

Thanks Dude!

One Who Nets The Dot said...

Borrowed words,free advice, mutual flattery and shameless philosophizing. Church of Scientology atleast threw in some aliens into the mix. What the heck , this too will pass!

vevck said...

Anon, I agree with what u have said mate. When we start living every moment, then naturally u would start enjoying u'r life.

vevck said...

1 who nets the dot, Thanks for dropping by & u'r comments. Good to see some aliens in the mix as well...life wldn't B exciting with-out them. Everything in Life! has to pass on, everything is momentary.

One Who Nets The Dot said...

Yeah Bhagwan Sri Krishnan said that a few thousand years ago. This post of yours sounds like unashamed plagiarism of someone else's experience.

vevck said...

1 who nets the dot, what I wrote on this post was my analysis of Life and not someone else's experience.