Wednesday, March 08, 2006

International Women's Day

'Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our intellects' -Oscar Wilde

How true is the above quote from Oscar Wilde, the only person whom I can relate the above quote is my 'Mother'. No matter what you do, what position you attain & how far you move away from her, her love will always be unconditional & stay by your side forever.

I hope our 'Society' in general & we 'Men' in particular give women their due respect & rights.

Here is an interesting flash work titled 'A Woman... one of the most beautiful creation of God' from Shreyans Shah.

Courtesy: http://www.funonthenet.in

2 comments:

Vasu the terrible said...

Nice post Kondor.

Well being forgiving or not is a generic human trait and I will have to take Oscar wilde's statement with a pinch of salt...

I agree with you that society in general and we men in particular have to give the due respect. Have to add other women should also give the same respect. Dont we see M-in-laws treating their own D-in-laws badly ?

I think its a symptom of increasing preasures of living, an opportunistic mind and a inherant disrespect for everyone in general and not just women.

Hopefulyl things will change and change for the good.


once again nice post.

Vasu

vevck said...

Thanks! Vasu. I very much agree with what u have said, about other women showing the same respect for each other. I guess @ times women wld feel their MEN are better than their M-I-L's;)

Things would definitely change when their is more awarness on the subject.