Facebook today evening sent an email on their Global Site Governance Vote. Anyone who read and understood - Feedback, Proposed policies - please explain in simple words what they mean?
Explanation of Changes
Proposed Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
Proposed SRR Redline
Proposed Data Use Policy
Proposed Data Use Policy Redline
Here is a snippet from The Registration & Account security section
Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here
are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone
other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain (, and will use a
Facebook Page for such as selling your status update to an advertiser).purposes.
5. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else
access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone
without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to
remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains
about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Guess most developers violate #2, #7, #8, #9. Related to #4, why can't one use their personal timeline for marketing their own commercial gain?
Thinking of minimizing my footprint on the Social Network with so much of Rule changes.
Links: Feedback | Governance Vote Email