Pakistani Bands ROCK!
Today morning one of my college buddies forwarded this link to the group, where you get to listen to a lot of songs from Bollywood movies. I am not a great fan of Bollywood movies nor the kind of the music they make these days, so I began Xploring the site for different songs; Thats when I hit this resource which was a gateway for songs from the other side of LOC.Speaking of LOC, I remembered Neets having written a post on the same subject titled 'Rock the LOC'. So, decided to try some music from the folks who live across the LOC. Prior to this, I had only heard the popular Pakistani Bands/Singers like Late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Junoon, Strings, Jal, Shehzad Roy being the latest who is featured regularly on the music channels in India. I loved the songs of Junoon & Strings [prior to their entry into Bollywood, I feel they sound more POP these days]. Coming back to the present, I started listening to songs listed under the section 'Pakistani Underground' & I was really surprised by the quality of music some of these bands have. Their music compositions & the lyrics really ROCK!. India too has many Rock bands who perform @ various college Rock festivals, but these Rock bands never go mainstream. The main reason being the fact that majority of the audience in India listens to POP & Bollywood songs, the sponsors hesitate in supporting these Rock artistes.
Click here to listen to the songs which I enjoyed.
Image Courtesy: UMRev
Comments
just jokin' (almost) neat songs...
just jokin' (almost) neat songs...
I knew this wld be coming from someone...music has no nationality...no boundaries ;)
>>there are lots of indian rock band who dont make it main become as famous coz they refuse to do hindi.....
I do know there plenty of Bands who perfom in India Rock scene....it doesn't really matter whether they sing Hindi or English songs...but all I am saying is that they aren't enough sponsors for these bands to go mainstream.
It wld be gr8 if any1 let me know where I can find songs of Indian Rock artistes.
As usual , i could have written a separate post on this... but you know me ?!!! will i ever improve?! over look the length, yet again :D
Yep, we did Njoi Oikyothaan very much without understanding a word. I am waiting for the next edition of Fireflies.